Monday, July 28, 2008

Tuesday...

It's been a while. Mostly because internet at my house is down (has been since Sunday)... But, the computer in my office works, so here I am trying to do work and play on the internet. :-P

I'm currenty making the schedules for my lessons that start tomorrow. I'll have 34 private students and then my 6/8 periods of band... so teaching at least 40 periods a cycle. I've been told that once I get the schedule set, to see if I can cut it down a bit because that is a lot (core teachers teach 30 periods). So, I'll see.

I'm getting ill a bit. I've been really tired, and I can feel the cold in my chest, so I've been trying to take it easy. Last night, however, I still went out to eat with Yisu and my neighbors.. it was a blast. I'm so glad I went.

I'll write more some other time. (maybe later today) for now I need to get this done.

Reminder to me: write about Mercy House. :-)

about 6 hours later: And it's later; the power is out in my block of school, so I can't finish my work, so here I am in the computer lab.

I'm going through something right now that I went through when I moved to NZ as well. where you feel lonely, but know you need to be with people so you go out, but you don't really want to, and then you just want to be alone again, and on and on...

and I've decided that it's because 1) I'm in India, 2) It's my first year teaching, 3) this is the craziest place to be a teacher, 4) I'm on top of a mountain, 5) I haven't talked to anyone from home in quite a while, 6) the whole "it's old news that she moved" syndrome, in which people decide that when I take time to e-mail them, that it doesnt matter, because obviously, when you move, you want to lose all contact with everyone you've ever known, and 7) I think I'm getting sick.

Fun enough for you? lol. That's my ranting for the day. or the month, or whatever you want to say.

Time to go, I think. I'll try to be uplifting another day. But hey, it's my journal. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Mel!!
I just wanted to say that I think you are really brave (and a little crazy, but I knew that!) for moving to India all on your own to teach & [I'm guessing] do a little soul-searching. As hard as it was for me to go to England, it was only for 5 months & 2 of my best friends went with me. Not to mention, going to England is definitely not the same as going to India! But I really admire you for having the strength to do it.
SMC '08 was fun -- of course we missed you (we got your name on the rock, pictures on Facebook soon!) -- and now I'm back home trying not to think about only having like, 2 weeks until school stuff starts.
Just so you know, I'm apologizing now, upfront, for not keeping in touch as much as I should...I always try, but never quite manage to keep up with people. It in no way means that I don't love you or care what you're up to -- please know that. When I can & remember, I will try to e-mail you (can I call or text you there??) & keep you updated with my boring life in NC!
This has gotten way too long for now, so have a great day (night?) & enjoy yourself! Love ya lots!:)