Tuesday, July 15, 2008

No droughts here!

It's raining again. Surprise!

We were all just getting ready to leave tea when it started to pour, so Gayathri brought me and Charlene (an ESL teacher) down to the music dept office, so I'm sitting in the department office, and I must say, it's really nice in here. I'm excited to see what happens this year.

I found a good book in the staff room library today, so I'm going to read it over the next couple days. It's called "Out of the Salt Shaker and into the World." It seems interesting so far. It's about Christian evangalism, why we're so scared, and what it REALLY means to evangalize. I'm hoping it will be as good as it has been so far.

Today was Marcia's birthday so we had cake for her at tea, and that was fun. Instead of going on the shopping tour, I showed her where Spencer's is, because she needed food (she has even less than I do!).

I really want to walk home and go to sleep, but it just won't stop raining. I keep wondering if this is also a monsoon season, because it's rained almost everyday!

It was a good day for the most part. I woke up feeling ill around 4am, and I've been awake since, but that's alright. I watched the sunrise, wrestled with internet, and when I gave up on it, I had a good bit of quiet time before I came up to school for the workshops. It's interesting to hear what God says to me on different days. Today was dealing a lot with how much I worry and think ahead. Already on my heart is applying for grad schools, even though I have no idea if I'll want to be attending next year already.

I have no idea why I think so far ahead. It's odd actually. But that's okay. I have to keep pulling myself back.

That reminds me of something I read in a devotional a while back:
When we pray to God for something (patience, persistance, etc), He doesn't just GIVE it to us, but He gives us the opportunity to learn and practice it. Since I've been praying recently for God to help me stay back and enjoy my time, I guess that makes sense. So now He's giving me a chance to practice it.

::sigh::

Going to go check some other websites. Don't ever feel scared to comment just to say hi!!! I like to hear from people. It makes me feel still connected to the world at home.

Also: If at any point you want to donate to my living fund, please do. While I was out showing Marcia where to shop and such, we were looking at toilet paper. TP is litterally a dollar a roll, even in the bigger packages. In general, paper is just expensive. So, if ever you feel like you want to help me buy a roll of TP, donate a dollar or two! It sounds awful, but I only brought 7 rolls, and shipped another 12 (so I won't have them until whenever my shipment comes), but at some point, I will have to break down and buy it.

O, and today I set up my bank account so I can get PAID! Fun times. There's so much to get done before school starts. Everyone is like "come by my office and fill out these forms" and all I can think is that they have us booked from beginning to end of day, when am I supposed to come and do that stuff?

O well. Life is good in general, and that's what matters, ya know?

Alrighty, I'm out for a while. Have some other stuff to check and, as it's stopped raining, home to get to!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just saying "HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI." LOL just in case I forget to stop by and say hey again in a while. I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Keep living in the moment.