Monday, July 21, 2008

A case of the Mondays...

Pictures of Cocomangolassidosa will be on their way in the next day or so as he is TOO totally adorable to pass up.

Otherwise, tody I'm having a case of the Mondays. I don't really want to do anything, I don't want to be anywhere, I don't want life to begin. I guess the whirlwind of getting here and settling in is done, and now it's time to be a real person. I tend to go through culture shock a lot faster than most people, so I bet this week will be like my "o I'm so depressed"-stage. And then I'll get over it. It's just the "real-life" stuff is hitting now. Waiting for my shipment. Wondering if I'm going to have to pay extra (if I do, it's going to be around $2000 prolly, or 4 months of my salary). Knowing I teach my first class on Wednesday. Trying to learn the national anthem. learning Tamil. learning Korean. practicing piano for the staff recital. practicing viola for the staff recital. Just in general.

Yesterday was such a good day. I went to Chapel, had tea on the chapel lawn, practiced piano for like an hour, had lunch, hung out with Shreya and Beth and Neil, played ultimate, had tea at Maura and Will's, bryan brought Coco and his brother, cleaned up from tea, yisu made a korean dinner that we ate completely with chopsticks, and then we all watch harry potter 5 and then proceeded to go to bed...

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of the death of Mark Anthony Shook. A friend of mine in college. It was also a little over 4 months since my grandfather passed, and the 2 month anniversary of my good friend Mike passing away. So I'm really glad I was busy yesterday so I wasn't thinking about all of that. But I guess now it's hitting.

But Coco is sitting in my lap and loving on me. 8 weeks and 2 days old, he's so adorable. I love him. I wish I could think of a breed that looks like him so you could get an idea. Bryan calls them mountain dogs, but that's only because Coco's mom was a street dog. lol. Umm... you'll just ahve to wait for pictures of this beauty.

I'm going to head out now so I can hopefully get this phone situation straightened out. and then practice some, have lunch, and then come back down for a meeting to set up our ayah situation. AND today the dhobi should bring back my clothes, so I'll have clean stuff to wear.

Umm. not much else. please keep me in your prayers because it's going be a rough day at least. ::sigh::

I'm really missing you guys today.

No comments: