Saturday, July 12, 2008

Safely here

So my first night last night was actually pretty amazing. I got in around 5, and my neighbors came over and invited me to their house and we had tea, and then dinner, and it was wonderful. we sat around chatting. they're from upstate new york as well, and they have a dog and a cat. So I'm pretty stoked. They say my roomie is really nice as well, so that will be AMAZING.

Umm... the whole way over here, i was missing everybody, and i still am, dont get me wrong, but I hope it goes away soon, because i hate feeling lonely, though i know tomorrow i will feel lonely as im on the compound by myself all day. great. lol.

umm.. this morning maura took me around and showed me around the school, and then showed me around some shops and i bought some bowls and some storage canisters and some silverware... all in all, stuff i really needed... o, and food. i've eaten at their house 3 times and now im on my own, lol. they just left to go get foreign exchange students, so that's kind of exciting.

ummm... I don't really have a lot to say. just kind of been unpacking, trying to settle in and make my room look like MY room and not some space im sleeping in.

i'm also petrified to plug in my computer. if you remember, my dell crashed when i was in nz after being plugged in for a day i think. i dont know if the plugging it in had anything to do with it crashing, but it's definitely on my mind as i try to charge some of my stuff. maura and will plug their ipod into one of their indian surge protectors and it hasn't blown up, but im scared to try it with my zune. i'm also scared to try to charge my american phone because it is what i use as a clock at this point. so i leave it off during the day and then turn it on at night.

i've been sitting here waiting for the plumber to come fix my aquaguard so i can have clean water to drink without boiling it all, but man, he hasn't come yet. disappointing. he was supposed to be here 30 minutes ago... o well... TII.

on monday, the stock room opens so i can buy a stabilizer (for my appliances), and then a voltage adapter or two. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

okay, going to go try to talk to the hp guy to make sure i can plug in my computer without it blowing up. maura and will plug their mac in without grounding it (two prongs)... and im wondering if that makes a difference. so im going to find out.

wish me luck.

ps: Have I mentioned lately that God is amazing?

No comments: