Sunday, July 13, 2008

Let us rejoice...

... in the amazing fact that I've been here 2.5 days and haven't blown anything up yet!

When I was in NZ I blew up quite a few things cus I'm not always smart... but this time, I've been much more cautious... often being in chat with someone from the company of which the product is that I'm plugging in (in the case of my phone, sprint, and my computer, HP).... just in case something DID happen... luckily, however... neither my phone nor my computer has blown up... according to the zune charger i have that shouldn't blow up either... the only thing i brought that will is my rechargable battery station.. which is sad... because i need to recharge batteries... so i might buy a voltage adapter at the stock room on campus...

i've got such a list of things to get. ::sigh:: and limited funds... I don't know when we get our "settling in grant" of basically $250. I hope that's enough to get what I need in the house...

I've been thinking and praying a lot today. I pray a lot all the time. But really, a lot today, because I feel so content sitting here in my house in India. Thinking that maybe, in fact, India might become a more permanent home for me... that almost makes me want to come home sooner so i can go to school and then come back and start my life here, you know? always looking ahead... that's me...

so I've been praying for God to pull me back. It's important to look ahead, yes. But you miss so much of what's around you when you do that. I don't want to miss things that God will show me while I'm here because I'm too busy thinking about NEXT year or 10 years down the line. (there's a quote from Sidhartha I'd like to put here: " 'When someone is seeking,' said Siddhartha, 'it happens quite easily that he only sees the thing that he is seeking; that he is unable to find anything, unable to absorb anything, because he is only thinking of the thing he is seeking, because he has a goal, because he is obsessed with his goal. Seeking means: to have a goal; but finding means: to be free, to be receptive, to have no goal. You, O worthy one, are perhaps a seeker, for in striving towards your goal, you do not see many things that are under your nose.' " Fits, doesn't it?)

Because like i tell almost everyone who asks what I'm going to do in the future: I have no idea. My plans don't always line up with God's and His are what matter, so I'm letting Him show the way rather than try to forge some crazy scheme.

That's my life.

Fun, isn't it?

No comments: