Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My biggest fear...

... is that I'm trying so hard to hear what God's saying or where He's telling me to go, that I'll miss it and fail Him, or miss out on where He wants me to be. Do you ever feel like that? or is that just me?

It's just that it seems like everytime I turn around I'm going in a different direction. Just wierd. But, unfortunately, that's more of just me trying to figure things out than letting God do it. I'm tellin ya, the hardest thing to do is to step back and let God do the work He has planned.

However, the more I sit through the different (morning) meetings, I realize what a great experience this is, and that I really probably should definitely stay for all 3 years. Where else will you find a CHRISTIAN school that also has students from about 7 different religions, where they try to understand eachother, and reach for mutual understanding and respect while the school is still based on the core beliefs of Christianity (which, actually, are at the core of most world religions). I think it will be a great opportunity to learn about these religions and their place, and what they stand for and really believe, so that whatever I do end up doing in the ministry will be so much better rounded. ESPECIALLY if I do end up in the mission field. having this understanding will only be better for me. ya know?

So, we'll just see where it goes. Right now, I have to think about what's got to be done. Hopefully soon I'll finally have a roommate, and then I can buy a stove and a fridge and other things needed for my house. (There is so much to buy, i have no idea how the settling in grant will cover it all!)

::sigh::

I miss you guys!

PS: pictures are posted on my webshots (on the right there is a link to them). The album is called "Home in India". It includes pictures of my house as well as pictures of the walk I take to work. It takes about 10 minutes and is uphill the whole way. At least at night I get to come downhill!

No comments: