Friday, July 25, 2008

Good couple of days

First, I want to ask you all to pray for a friend of mine. Her name is Jolina, and she came to India with me last year. She surrendered her life to missions last week, and I ask that you pray for her heart to be softened and ready for everything God has in store for her. She's hoping to come back this year, so also pray for her financial support to come through.

As far as my life goes, it's been a good couple of days. I've met my bands, and there will be some switching around and some catching up to do technique wise, but we'll be okay. On Monday I have to start scheduling my lessons and such. I'll have 34 private students and then 8 periods of band. So I'll be teaching basically 42 out of 60 a cycle, while "standard course" teachers teach only 30. But supposedly music is easier to teach than other subjects, but whatever. ::sigh::

I went out with some other music faculty yesterday and bought material for 4 salwaars and 1 sari, and we went to the tailor today. :-) I should have them in about 2 weeks. Zara also gave me material for another sari, so now I just have to find material for the blouse for it. At the tibetan shop today, I bought two shawls which will come in handy as it is often a bit chilly up here. One is really thick wool that i have around me right now, and the other is a little bit thinner wool.

:-)

I also finally got my cell phone that I've been working for all week. :-) If you'd like the number, e-mail me, because I'm not giving it over a website, lol. However, I don't imagine it's cheap on either end to call me, (I know it's about 25 cents a minute for me to call you in the states) but if you want it anyways, just let me know.

Tomorrow I'm going with some students to Mercy Home, so I'm really excited for a chance to be out in the community instead of inside the school walls. :-)

I guess that's it. Coco and I are going to watch a movie now. (he says "hi")

All my love,
<3

No comments: