Monday, August 3, 2009

Fear

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

As we enter from phase to phase in our lives, it is common to be fearful, terrified and discouraged. But we have to remember that God is always with us. God was with me when I moved here. He was with me as I travelled home this summer, and as I returned for another year. He's with me for every trial he sends my way. He stays by my side even when I forget that He's there.

As doors are opening for new conversations and relationships with people around me, it's easy for me to get scared and forget why I came here. It's easy to try and sit back and pretend that God means nothing in my life. Okay, it's not easy, but it's can be more comfortable to pretend that all I do is teach in my classroom.

But I don't. As students sit in my office and ask me questions, I give answers. Honest answers. Kids always know when we're telling them the truth and they call you on it. Believe me, they do.

So pray with me as God opens new doors and provides opportunities for me.

I miss you all, and love you, and can't wait to see you again. But until then, I will live and work here, and enjoy it. :-)

No comments: