Friday, August 7, 2009

For the day...

1 Corinthians 15:58 (NIV)
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.


Indeed, that is what I need to do. It's funny because I came across this verse doing a quiz on the book of faces. But it suits today and how I feel and what's been going through my mind.

I spent about an hour last night in my house with my fire going, praise music on, reading and practicing the long forgotten Alexander technique (think yoga/relaxation/body-awareness for musicians). It really helped settle me. Before that I had been stressing about work, about life, about how everything is going to work out, etc... but really taking that time last night to be just with myself and God was refreshing.

And then that verse today, just confirms what was going on in my heart last night. Satan was attacking and trying to talk me out of going where God wants me. Sorry, dude, not going to happen.

1 comment:

Rick said...

loved this scripture. thanks for sharing....