Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rejoice!

Habakkuk 3:17-18
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joyful in God my Saviour.


Times get tough, and it is important to remember to keep moving forward. It seems that the beginnings of my weeks are really hard, and then they get better. This morning, though, as I was doing my morning devotion, this verse hit me hard, and was just what I needed. Times now might be hard, but that is no reason not to rejoice! There is so much good out there, and just because my days are hard doesn't mean I shouldn't enjoy what is good and beautiful around me.

I'm really going to try harder to appreciate the things that surround me, and the beauty that I've been blessed with. When you look up, it's hard to see the pit that seems to be around you, so that's what I will do.

<3

No comments: