Sunday, August 16, 2009

Get out of my town!!

First, Jai Hind!!! Saturday was Independence day for India and Korea... it was a day full of celebrations, as always. Friday was also St. Mary's day, so there were many celebrations for that as well.

With celebrations, come tourists! They are very annoying. As I was getting ready to leave campus on Saturday, a bus drove by while I was talking to someone, and of course, they see a white woman in a sari and think it's bizarre so they must wave... And wave they did. An entire bus waved to me... kind of odd. But it's really aggravating when you just want to run your normal errands and you can't because there are too many tourists around. And of course, with everything else going on right now, it's frustrating.

So, yea. Tomorrow is independence day for Indonesia.

The semester is flying by already, and with everyone getting sick, it's not very fun! I'm trying to make things work the best that I can, but sometimes, I just can't seem to do enough. But in a way, I feel that I shouldn't be doing as much as I am.

I don't know if it should be a compliment or an insult, but someone told me the other day "Well, I'm not asking you because I know you won't budge". Of course I won't budge! But do you really think I'm that stubborn? I'm just trying to do what's best for my program and my students. That's all.

Okay, I'm going to go. Happy weekend to everyone and hope you have a great week!

No comments: