Friday, July 31, 2009

"Wait she's dead? Is she okay?"

My students crack me up beyond belief. There are two in particular who are always in my office and we were just having a conversation and they asked where someone I had mentioned was, and I said "O, she died a few years ago." And their response was my title. They are really smart. And by smart, I mean special.

I'm sitting in my office, listening to thunder, feeling chilly, and planning for band. The new campus switch has made this band difficult to plan for and to make effective, but hopefully that's changing. Currently on my schedule are 41 periods with 4 band planning periods on that as well. So, 45. Take away 6 periods for lunch and that's 51. That's 9 periods "free". I wish it felt like they were free, but there is always something to do or something to get ready for.

It's easier this year in the sense that I know what's going on, I know what I have to prepare for and how much time I have, but it's difficult in trying to keep everything organized. I've got so many things that need to get done to make this year effective for me and for my students.

I don't know what the bug is going around, but people keep making sly comments about how long I'm going to be at the school. My students today were like "Well, you're going to miss us once we graduate." NB: They're in 9th grade! Someone on staff said something much a long those same lines that implied I was going to be here for about 4 more years. Maybe I'm just noting them because of decisions I made this year, but I'm definitely hearing them.

And of course, this makes me anxious for news from certain schools, but considering I JUST applied and no-one has returned to school yet, I don't know why I'm so anxious. So, I'm just taking my time and relaxing and enjoying things.

<3 More some time this weekend probably.

No comments: