Thursday, May 6, 2010

Laughter

Laughter is the best way to forget about everything that is going on. And I am completely surrounded by people that help me laugh. I am thankful for that. Truly thankful.

I don't know how I've been so blessed to have developed the relationships that I have, but they are amazing. I can walk out of my house in almost any direction, show up somewhere, and SOMEone will make me laugh. And even if I'm not outrightly laughing, they will at least cheer me up.

I spend much of my day meeting with various people about various issues. While I'm on these rounds, I often stop into other peoples' offices and bother them. I figure, if I have to be out, I might as well visit people, right? So, I do. And through these visits, real friendships have developed. And with a broad range of people, too. I can't say that I'm only friends with foreigners, or young people, or only friends with teachers, or only my department. I have a really well rounded group of friends. Nationals, foreigners, young, old, married, single, teachers, secretaries, administration... so many different people. I love it.

I've really been learning a lot recently. About many different things, but mostly about relationships. For me, letting people in is hard. I've been learning for a long time how to let people in, but I've only recently really started to put the things I've learned into practice. Having those support systems in place certainly makes hard times easier.

I've also just gotten a lot of new books. I'm very excited! I'm currently reading Donald Miller's "Searching for God Knows What". I am about halfway through but recommend it to anyone who wants to learn in a fun way. He looks at creation and the fall in an interesting way that totally relates to life and helps you see things in new ways.

More another day. I'm sorry I've been so bad at writing.

No comments: