Saturday, April 24, 2010

Interesting...

It's been an interesting week. It started with two meals on Sunday at a new restaurant in town. Once at lunch, and once at dinner. The dinner was an early birthday dinner as Tuesday night was reserved by a friend of mine. Dinner was me and four friends and we had a really good time sitting and joking and just forgetting where we were. The restaurant even gave us all brownies and bananas for desert!

Monday was nothing special.

Tuesday was a busy day that ended with dinner at my friend's place. She had made me a fabulous cake that morning and the department sang to me and it was just wonderful. All day long was just good. Students saying happy birthday (how they found out, I have no idea), singing to me, hugs from the most unlikely of places, and just a general good time. Wednesday was another normal day, followed by an interesting night at a friend's and then back for bed. Thursday was Earth Day and so the day was just weird. We had appreciation day from the seniors and all got a card and a rose. Kind of sweet.

Friday was a busy day. Teaching and meetings and getting things done and getting other things fixed...

And today is Saturday. I woke up this morning, sat around for a while reading and just having a relaxing morning. I went to school for rehearsal after lunch, and it turned out to be good. If they can remember everything for their last two rehearsals, we'll be fine for the concert.

THEN, I went to a shop nearby the gate. He sells jewelry, and it's where I got my nose done and my ears repierced. He's awesome and is actually going to teach me a new language this summer while I'm here. I've been trying to get an earing stand from him for months and he finally had it! He also remembered that I had mentioned my birthday when I saw him the other day, so he gave me a pair of earing for my birthday. He cracks me up.

I waited for a friend to show up, and then we proceeded to the hospital for our eye exams. The ophthalmologist only comes up once a month, so you get in now, or you have to wait. We were the second people there, and the doctor was supposed arrive at 4 (we got there at 3:30 since it's first come, first serve), and he didn't show up until 5:30!!! TII. Got my eyes checked out, and found out that my right eye has indeed gotten worse, so I have my new prescription and will be getting new glasses soon. I talked to him about contacts, but he didn't have his stuff. So, next month he said he'll bring it up, so I'll go see him again. It's about time I got some contacts. Glasses make me made on more than the general occasion.

Anyway. That's my life right now, it was a fast, and yet really long week. Tomorrow morning, the music department is taking over chapel. The band is playing the prelude, brass ensemble playing hymns, choir is singing the offertory, and then the brass is playing the postlude. It should be good. Well, I hope it will be good. We've worked too hard for it to be bad.

And then, next weekend, the concerts (April 30/May 1)
On May 8th (the weekend), I am getting out of the village for a day or two. It will be expensive, but totally needed at this point.
The next weekend (15th), I'm going off the mountain with a friend to hit the import store and see what we can get there so she doesn't bring back things that are available here.
And the next weekend is graduation and we finish!
The next week I will be taking a trip down to a temple city so that will be good.

And now, apparently, I am officially a leader for the 9th grade field trip next year. We will be going to a few places I haven't been, so I'm excited.

Word.

No comments: