Sunday, May 16, 2010

Provision

God provides in so many ways. Yesterday, I was so down and just not doing well in general. I was debating whether or not I was going to go to church in the morning, and I was just craving a good, solid hug from someone. Like, a DEEP hug. You know those hugs, I know you do.

But this morning, I got up and knew I needed to go to church. So, I went. The whole walk to church I was praying and thinking and talking to God. I know we go to church to worship, but I was really in a bad place and asking Him to fill me up and open my heart so I could truly worship Him. I wanted to give Him all that He deserves, and I just didn't have much to give this morning. It was a good walk.

During worship, the tears that have been behind my eyes all week finally came. I prayed for a long time for my friends, for my family, and for the family of my friend who killed herself a little over a week ago. I let it all out. My frustrations with different things. I just cried. I sang. I cried some more. I was up and down during the service. As I was leaving, someone stopped me, and started talking to me and then gave me a huge hug and prayed for me. It was amazing. It meant so much to me. She doesn't even know the half of it, and was just there and God really spoke to me through her.

She then kidnapped me for a BBQ that was greatly needed. I didn't even realize how much I needed it until I was there and laughing and sharing with people. It was great.

Then I came back for our last Bible study meeting of the semester. We made a recipe that was at the back of our book and then ate it while we chatted about the last few days, our times here, and what we're doing next year. Then we popcorn prayed for each other and it was just an awesome way to end our study. I'm so glad I got to spend time with those beautiful women, and ask that you join me as I pray for the journeys we are all embarking upon in the next few weeks and months...

Then I walked home barefoot in the pouring down rain.

Now I'm home and it feels good. It's time for me to sleep. I have a busy week ahead of me, and I'm really glad for the weekend I've had. Especially today.

God's provision is perfect.

No comments: