Sunday, May 3, 2009

Closing down...

This year is beginning to close down. My first year of teaching. My first FULL TIME job. My first full year overseas. My first of a lot of things...

The final music concerts were last Friday and Saturday, and I'm really glad they're over. I'm so proud of my students because, despite some mistakes here and there in the concert, and a seeming lack of energy, they showed how far they have come this year. We have gone from playing simple melodies in one ensemble to pieces with call and response, with chords, and with repeats and codas. In the other, we've gone from playing out of tune and slow, comfortable pieces, to playing in tune, rhythmically accurate faster pieces. Both bands knew one scale at the beginning of the year. Intermediate now knows 7 major scales, and Advanced knows all 12 majors. I hope to build off of this foundation next year. Start adding minors in advanced, and helping Mr. J bring the intermediate to add minors as well.

I was kind of hoping that this whole head-ache business was stress like someone mentioned to me, and that with the final concerts ending, so would the headaches. This is not the case. At least not today. I think tomorrow I am going to fast and pray about this. I've fasted a few times during this ordeal, but at the same time, I haven't taken those times to pray, instead. I was fasting to see if I could straighten my stomach out, or if food was causing my headaches... various things. But I think tomorrow, is a fasting in prayer day.

Not much else is going on right now. There are 17 days left until I leave for the summer, and I can't believe that. I'm slowly getting over the E Coli that set in on Thursday, and right now, everything tastes REALLY funny, and I can't quite figure out why.

I'll begin making a more definitive schedule of my time in America soon, and if you want to get together sometime, let me know. I'm already thinking a night at Cooper's might be good. As well as a drive to Georgia. And of course, a trip to some people in the mountains. A trip to Raleigh is a definite, I just don't know when. So, if you want to be included, please let me know so I can make my arrangements accordingly.

I should go. Need to get this pain out of my back so I can get back to work tomorrow (I essentially was out of school Thursday and Friday last week, ARGH! My first sick days!)...

<3 Love you all!

No comments: