Saturday, April 25, 2009

Devoured

I devour books. In case you didn't know.

I finished "The Great Divorce" yesterday. I recommend it. Seriously.

I started "The Shack" immediately after finished Lewis. It is finished this evening. It is tremendous. I recommend you read it. My favorite quote:
"...just because I work incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies doesn't mean I orchestrate the tragedies. Don't ever assume that my using something means I caused it or that I need it to accomplish my purposes. That will only lead you to false notions about me. Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors."

Interesting, eh? I truly recommend you read it. It brings a lot of questions to my mind, but they are to be postulated, posed, deliberated, and just generally thrown around in different forums until I am ready to post them here. Please don't hate me for that!!!

I've written quite a few blogs this week. I hope to keep this up a bit. I want this blog to be more of a spiritual update and pondering blog about my experiences here as well as what is going on in my heart more than the physical update that the e-mail updates are. So I hope to keep this up more often. It will probably average about once or twice a week with this week being special.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: