Thursday, April 23, 2009

"In the same fire gold gleams and straw smokes; under the same flail the stalk is crushed and the grain threshed; the lees are not mistaken for oil because they have issued from the same press.... under the weight of the same affliction the wicked deny and blaspheme God, and the good pray to Him and praise Him... The same shaking that makes fetid water stink makes perfume issue a more pleasant odor." - Saint Augustine

"But the true Gospel of Christ cannot be exterminated from any country - only God can remove it." - John Foxe

"And that is why, at the end of all things, when the sun rises here and the twilight turns to blackness down there, the Blessed will say 'We have never lived anywhere except in Heaven,' and the Lost, 'We were always in Hell.' And both will speak truly." - CS Lewis

" - no natural feelings are high or low, holy or unholy, in themselves. They are all holy when God's hand is on the rein. They all go bad when they set up on their own and make themselves into false gods... There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and bad when it turns from Him. And the higher and mightier it is in the natural order, the more demoniac it will be if it rebels." - CS Lewis

Just some quotes from books I've been reading recently. I'll write more later on them, but tonight, I'm going to bed early. Tomorrow's Friday, and I hope that means a relaxing weekend is ahead.

I have my tickets to Chennai now. All that's left is me getting the taxi to Madurai and I'm set to come home. And that is something that can be arranged in a few weeks. Exciting! 28 days and I'll be in America.

Good night and sleep well everyone. I love you.

No comments: