Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Much, much closer...

Ya know, life is funny.

I haven't been too terribly emotional about my leaving. At least not in public. However, it's the littlest moments that make the emotion come out. Today, it was in hanging out with a friend and her son. Knowing I won't see him learn to walk. I won't be around to drink tea with my friend. To bother during the day.

Eating lunch or dinner with friends, knowing our conversations won't happen again. At least not in the same way, and not in the near future. The baby who pats your arm as you pat her back.

The friends who stop by your office on the way to theirs.

The high five in the staff lounge.

Knowing someone else will be sitting in 'your' chair next year.

Knowing you won't sleep in your house again.

The end is so close. But that also means so are new beginnings. I try hard to focus on the new adventure, but closing this chapter is not easy.

I'm really going to miss my friends here. (And my students, too.)

No comments: