Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer Fun

Summer has been off to a busy start. I've gone to the big city, the small city, interviewed two candidates for positions, had meetings, cleaned rooms, requested money, sent money... Countless numbers of things. It's easy here to hermit yourself and never leave the house, but I've made a point of every day getting out. I don't think there's been a day yet where I haven't left my house. It's good.

In the last week I've cooked two big dinners and had people over to partake. The first night was a dinner full of country cookin': shake and bake chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, applesauce, vegetables, and butterscotch pie for desert. The second night was ziti, garlic bread, chips and salsa, and chocolate pie for desert. I love cooking.

An infection I've had for the past two weeks is still hanging around but it's slowly getting better. All that's left now is really just a sore throat. So thankful.

I went to an import store a few days ago and found Reese's cups! Big ones and little ones. I was very excited. They cost a bit, but, sometimes you just have to suck it up.

Tomorrow, I will write about "What makes US different"... don't let me forget. It's about idols.

I'm slowly making my way through my new books (both actually new and new to me). I've read about five books already this summer, and am now starting on another. This one is called "East of the Sun". I'll let you know about it when I'm finished.

Love you all.

No comments: