Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In a world without God...

... there is much to be hoped for.

Today, there was a lot of discussion among people about the health care bill (or lack there of?). Many people came to me to ask my opinion as I am a citizen of that great country. I explained that I am not for it. While I think there is reform that needs to happen, I do not think the government stepping in is the solution.

But what do I really think is going on? I think that there is a lack of God in our lives. I feel this is what is going on throughout the world, in small communities and big communities. I feel that a lack of God's guidance in our school influenced the situation that took place two weeks ago. A lack of God's guidance has influenced the turn America has taken. A lack of God's guidance has caused so many things that were once great to fall by the wayside and deteriorate.

God needs to come back into our lives, our homes, our communities, our schools, our courts, and our leaders. I pray for my home country tonight in this time of turmoil. I pray for everyone I know who is moving back there in the next few months. I pray for everyone who is going to be penalized under this new bill. I pray for everyone who will no longer have freedom over their own care. I pray for everyone who will deal with the negative consequences that Pelosi and Obama and the rest of the Democrats are forgetting to tell us about.

I pray for all of you still over there, whether you were for it or against it, that God comes back and shows you that He is still in control and wants what's best for us.

<3

'It is impossible to govern the world without God and the Bible. Of all the dispositions and habits that lead to political prosperity, our religion and morality are the indispensable supporters... Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that our national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious pr...inciple.' - George Washington - September 19th, 1796

No comments: