Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My 2009 Lists

These are my lists for 2009. I will probably do a top 10 list of the 00's, but I haven't had much time to think about that far back yet. Maybe in a few days. Meetings start tomorrow so now I get busy... :-) Love to all out there in the internet!

Top 10 of 2009:
10) Getting to spend some good time with my grandmother
9) Sending my brother go to boot camp
8) Finding out my father was in remission
7) Meeting my 4th niece – Candis
6) Becoming HoD – and knowing there were people that supported that decision
5) Spending December with some awesome people
4) Getting to share with my church families about the work going on in SE Asia
3) Getting into grad school (let alone all three that I applied to!)
2) Getting to see Sky Day and spend time with him
1) Sharing my testimony at my home-town church and knowing they already knew me and loved me

Top Lessons Learned in 2009:
10) You can be SE Asian even if you’re white. ;-)
9) Family is important, no matter where everyone is.
8) People WILL forget about you, it’s part of life
7) The road is not always easy, but when you get to the top of a mountain, the view is GORGEOUS.
6) You can’t help someone else until you’re able to help yourself.
5) Some people are petty. And they will always be there, but there are bigger things that matter.
4) God will reveal His plans in His time, not ours. Take each step as it comes because until you take that first step, the second one won’t be apparent.
3) When you work for God, it doesn’t matter what other people think.
2) When God has a plan, it WILL work out
1) Knowing you can’t be there to fix everything, but knowing that God has it in control

No comments: