Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's official....

... so I can write about it now...

I am the Head of Music here at the school. This gives me the opportunity to take on new challenges and keep myself busy. Which, if you know me, is exactly what I need to remain interested in anything, but especially life. I'm known for scheduling myself to the point of no free time, and while I've learned that lesson, I still enjoy the challenge of having to make things work. So that's what I get to do now. I can tell you that the last two days have not been boring in the least, and that these last five minutes have been the only breather I have had. FINALLY, a moment where my phone hasn't begun ringing or I've had to run somewhere, or respond to an e-mail that hasn't been answered...

It's good. It will keep me on my toes, and, hopefully, teach me many new things.

I also got some exciting news in an e-mail the other day, but that one is not going on the blog yet. Let's just say that it makes me very excited!

It's RSM month. Which means I'm after school until 6 every day, at school early, at school on Saturdays, and trying to take Sunday to rest.

*sorry. Got interrupted there by an e-mail. I think I may be ADD and why things like this excite me. I'm weird.

The situation in and of itself is interesting, because the old HoD left so suddenly and because it's the middle of the busiest time of the year. It creates a lot of unique situations that have to be tackled, but slowly I'm getting it done.

It was good to hear from some different people around the school who support this decision and support me. It's truly great to know.

No comments: