Friday, June 13, 2008

Looking up

My peace I give you. John 14:27

The past few weeks have been full of tremendous stress and trials. Satan has been really attacking me, and he's been tearing into my soul and scratching at wounds that I've healed before, and making them bleed all over again. It has probably not been fun to be around me as I've been running around back and forth trying to get my life situated as I'm about to go out of town for a while.

God, however, has been my rock. I've spent a lot of time praying, crying and reading. Taking time to just be still. To listen to God's words, and to feel God near me. At times it wasn't easy, but it's definitely worth it.

There are many things that will still need to be figured out, and the list seems to keep getting longer instead of shorter, but I trust that everything will be alright.

In my devotional today, I came across the verse above from John. "My peace I give to you." It's hit at the exact right time. In the devotional it spoke about how Jesus' life was full of torments and storms on the outside but on the inside there was an insane peace in God. I want that peace in God, and that is something I've been working on with God.

I won't update for a while probably, as I'm traveling for a while:
June 14-June 27ish: NY to visit with my family and be there for my father's procedure and my grandmother's birthday (also, hopefully a graduation party)
June 28: Marching Band reunion/picnic
June 30-July 4: Crossroads with the church youth group
July 4-8: Spending time at home
July 9: Fly to India

As the time draws near, I find myself getting nervous, so it is a great opportunity to practice and use what God has been showing me recently.

God is SO good.

No comments: