Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sometimes...

... I look up things like I'm already in India. Stuff I'll do, things I'll see, maybe even where I live.

It's interesting.

Today, I got the urge to look up train tickets from the local train station (which is actually a 3 hour bus ride down the mountain from school) to central India, where I'm hoping to spend my Christmas at the orphanage I visited last year. It's only around 600 rupees for a one way ticket. That's $15. Of course, it's a 28-ish hour train ride, but that's the fare for the sleeper car! I looked up plane tickets as well, but they're considerably more expensive. $270-ish one way. and I'd have to fly from Madurai to Chennai, to Mumbai to there. So, I'm not so sure that's a good idea. I'd rather spend $50 (train + bus) and take a few days (where I could get considerable reading and journaling done) as opposed to all of that plane-changing and spending mucho money that more than likely will not be present.

That's exciting. I get out of school right at the end of November and don't have to be back until January 8th so I get ALL of December to stay there. And that makes my heart happy.

I can't believe I'm shipping things in a week and a half. wow. time is flying.

No comments: