Friday, March 23, 2012

Time flies...

No, seriously. Time FLIES. I was semi-joking with people at the beginning of the school year when they were telling me, "As soon as you know it, the three years will have gone by." This process feels really long in the midst of it. It feels like assignment after assignment, and paper after paper (I'll have you know I've printed over 500 sheets of paper since I started school at the end of August).

But really, I'm sitting here about 5.5 weeks from the end of the semester (classes, at least), and 6.5 weeks from being completely done with the first year, the first THIRD of my graduate education, and I'm thinking, "Well, where did that year go?"

I really don't know where it went, but I've had an awfully good time during it. I've spent time with old friends, made new friends, explored new things, learned a new language (and loving it), been busy out of my mind at moments, and pulled ONE all-nighter. I am not going to do that again. I'm really against them, and I always have been (after high school, that is). But really. I just can't do those anymore. My body does not take to missing sleep very well.

But really. I think back to all the work I've done this year, all the papers I've written and pages I've read. The ink I've gone through, and the hours of studying. Time and seasons marching on while I force information into my brain. Information that is going in easier than music history ever did. I don't know what the difference is between now and undergrad, but I'm really learning things much better than I did. A sign maybe?

Life is ever interesting, and it's ever-moving. Time stands still for no man. And here I sit, wasting some more of it.

I have no idea where the last year has gone, but it will be awesome in 2 years when I'm thinking "It's almost time to graduate!!!"

Until then, I'm going to enjoy the ride on the wings of the clock.

Peace.

No comments: