Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Biggest Faith Trial?

I was asked today what my biggest faith trial was that I've been through...

My answer was "right now..."

And I didn't mean that literally about this month, but about the process I am undergoing. God has called me back to school, and that means leaving relationships I have established, my first home, my job, my vacations, and what has become, as one person called it, my comfort zone. So much more than coming here, it is testing me and my faith to go back. It is a new adventure, and one I am excited to begin, but that excitement is nothing compared to what I feel leading up to my departure. I know that five months from now, my house will be basically empty, and I will be getting ready to head out. It will be very different than coming over here. Coming here was a gradual sort of thing, and naturally expected (as a big change, not necessarily this in particular) after college. But now it's different.

This is where God stretches me. This is where I will see Him work. I have to rest on Him as I head back and work out both my 'vacation' and the next stage of my life.

He is good and I trust Him. That's all there is to it.

No comments: