Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Well, I will write the typical "What am I thankful for" entry... Enjoy!!

- I am thankful for my friend BP. He brings the smiles when he comes around and I love it.

- I am thankful for a principal whose office I can walk in to almost any time and discuss issues with... I don't know if I will ever have another employer as awesome as he.

- I am sooooooo thankful for my aquaguard and having clean water to drink.

- I am thankful for import stores.

- I am thankful to my fabulous colleagues who may irk me almost all the time, but are wonderful and have been a blessing to work with.

- I am thankful for the gifts I have been given in my life. I often cannot see them, but I know they are there.

- I am thankful for a child who sees me and smiles, runs up to me and gives me a hug. The kids who see me walk into a house and run up to me yelling my name. The kids who see me and know it's safe to talk to me and that I'll listen.

- I am thankful for the students who find the time in their day to come to my office and annoy me. Because if they didn't do that, they wouldn't feel comfortable with me.

- I am thankful for a community that surrounds each other with massive amounts of love. A community that cares for one another. A community that shares.

- I am thankful for my friends. The friends who call me up just to hang out. The ones who call me when they need to talk. The friends who tell me when I'm wrong. And the friends who are there just to listen when I need to work things through.

- I am thankful to have a wonderful secretary who keeps my work life running smoothly and often helps me stay sane in the personal side of things, too... I love her...

- I am thankful for living in a place where fresh fruits and vegetables are readily available and are cheap.

- I am thankful for electricity.

- I am thankful for the friends who have become more than friends.

- I am thankful for the world being my oyster. I don't know what that means, but people say that. I know I can do anything. God will lead me through it.

- I am thankful for my family. For all our faults and challenges, I miss them dearly. I especially miss my siblings and hope they know how much I love them.

- I am thankful for overwhelming love. To love so many people that your heart hurts is a glorious pain.

- I am thankful for my church families... I am so blessed to have 4 that I feel at home in. 5 if you count Primal in NZ. I am so thankful they are around me and pray for me and are wonderfully seeking God's will for them.

- I am thankful for God. I am thankful He saw fit to create me. I am thankful for His redemptive blood, shed on the cross. I am thankful He came to earth for my soul. That no matter what else happens in the world, He cared enough to send His son to endure the ultimate pain. That it's not a matter of "if" someone loves me that much, but that HE DOES!

These and so many other things... God is amazing.

I am so blessed.

No comments: