Friday, November 5, 2010

Bon Voyage, October!!!

I'm so very glad to see October go. October always brings with it a huge amount of stress and business and this year was no different. Besides my normally busy schedule, I was also busy with school every day. I made quite a few trips out of town during the month (including a day trip to the capitol, but with travel time, I was gone for almost 3 days). I've been working non-stop and I hope it all pays off.

And it has shown some good things already. All 41 students of ours who took the practical exams last week passed. I am so proud of my department and our students. It is a great accomplishment. One student made the international festival this year, and hopefully I'll be attending with him come spring.

It is now November. Just in time for concerts and recitals and end of the year celebrations. Three weeks from tomorrow is the closing staff meeting, and it has been long awaited. I'm making my travel plans and booking tickets. My to-do lists grow ever longer, and I can't wait for the day that they don't matter.

I have nothing overly insightful to say today, but just sending you a general update with a note: Never be ashamed of who you are. :-)

No comments: