Sunday, July 11, 2010

Home again, home again,

jiggety jig.

I don't know when this place became home. When I drive up the mountain, and reach a certain junction, I know that I'm almost there. I wait to pass the waterfall that signals the journey is almost over. I drive onto my compound, greet the watchman and he opens the gates. I drive up the hill and here I am. My keys open the door and I walk in and collapse on the 'couch'. Home.

But it is. I'm at home here. It's comfortable.

I had a really good week away. Lots of laughs and jokes and memories that will stick with me. Even a few cuts to remind me of our adventures. ;-) I wish I could have stayed longer, but now I am back and will start work tomorrow.

My water purifier is not working at the moment, so I went to boil some water earlier and when I went to check on it, it was SO dirty. Like, dirtier than normal. So I went out and bought some bottled water. Hopefully they will come tomorrow to fix it.

Just a quick update. Maybe one later this week after I finish this new book. The priest in it has made some interesting statements, but I'd have to go back and find them. Maybe I'll do that.

Town is abuzz... summer is over... here come the staff and soon, the students... another year is set to begin.

No comments: