Monday, February 9, 2009

Spending Time...

... with myself. It's so easy here to always be around people. To always have something going on and to never have a moments peace. I did that much of last semester. This semester I've gone back to being a hermit. Spending time alone. Which is what I really need at the moment. Time to be me. To reflect. To be okay with where I am. I do this sometimes. I know that. And I'm okay with that. I am spending time with myself and with God and letting things heal. I am processing. I am thinking. I am going through the things I need to in order to be productive during the day.

This is how I am. I need this time. I just wish people around me understood that. I'm not trying not to hang out. I'm not trying to be anti-social, but I need processing time. I don't have spare time during the day. I'm in my office most of the day (minus lunch and coffee), and while I'm in here, it's work, 24/7. I can't close my door and have a moment to myself. I have students in here all the time. I can't close anyone out of here. There is no where to be alone from the time I step on campus til the time I leave it. So when I go home, I stay there. I get away from people. I hang out on my own. I want to have time to think.

::sigh::

That is me. During this second semester. 1/4 over. :-) 14 weeks and I get to go to America. It's exciting.

No comments: