Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Of Mice, Men and beaches....

I had a wonderful, relaxing, amazing, and refreshing three days at a beach called Varkala in Kerala. I pulled a muscle in my back on the first day, however, so I didn't go down to the beach after that day. I pulled it in the water (letting myself get pounded by waves and body surfing... you know, the good stuff), so it was well worth it. You may be like, "So why didn't you at least go sit on the beach?" Well, the beach is down a cliff, so you have to go down stairs. Sore back plus vertigo means a Melissa that isn't going to make it, lol. I'm only peeling a little bit after all the sun, and I'm so glad to be tan!

On the way back from Varkala, we had an overnight train. At one of the stations where we stopped, a man came up to the train window and tried to open the window. He was really persistant. It was quite scary. The mouse mentioned in my title has to do with the mouse that plagued our carriage. O, India. It was really nice to have hot showers at the beach, though!! (I still don't have hot water at my house)

Since being back I've done a bit of sleeping, ate at Tibb's last night, and tonight I think I'm going to Fay's before volleyball. It should be a good night.

It's RSM month, which means that I have to stay after school to wait for students to drop in. This means that there might be a whole lot of updates this month. :-)

I had my first "evaluation" as a probationary teacher today, and it went well. Pratap (my HOD) even said "good job" at tea this afternoon. That is quite refreshing. Any kind of observation makes me nervous and it's good to know the first one went well. We began talking about the spring trip today as well, and there is a possibility I'll be going to Bangalore again. :-)

Tomorrow we're recording the AMIS auditions, and if we're done in time, I'll go to CE. If not, I'm going home and going to bed.

Hmm... not much else going on in my life at the moment. It's retreating monsoon season now, so rain's come and are very heavy when they do. My clothes have been trying to dry for days and it's just not happening. I'm going to pull some of them in and put them in front of the fire tonight (I've gotten quite good at lighting a fire).

Keep praying for India and the persecution here. And pray for the missionaries throughout this country. Some you know, some you've heard of, and the many that we don't know.

I guess I'll write more some other time.

PEACE!

No comments: