Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Great week" /end sarcasm

I wish I could say it's been a great week since I last wrote. I can't say it's been awful, because it truly hasn't been, however, it's been trying at times. Getting ready for RSM, trying not to die, not having a real weekend, getting sick on Saturday night, and just plain RAIN! I will not complain about it, though, as I've done my fair share of it recently. I always try to live in the moment and try to be where I am and no-where else, but with my mind, it's hard to keep it in one place, but that has been my challenge this week. To live the moment and be here fully. Afterall, the next moment is not guaranteed. Just because you wake up in the morning does not mean you will go to sleep that night. We should be thankful for all moments and live them each to their potential.

I haven't really had a chance to write, not did I really say too much last time I wrote, but I was contemplating the shortness of life. What brought this around? Well, apart from friends that have died in the last couple years, it is also about a friend of mine from elementary school in NY. She had cystic fibrosis, and passed away last Sunday (the 12th). I can't say we were extremely close, but we were definitely in classes together and sang in chorus together, and I can picture her in our kindergarten yearbook in Mrs. Freshauer's class.

I haven't received news from home in a good long while, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I tried to call home last week, but could not get through. I haven't had any news about Sky, so if you know something, please tell me. He's in my prayers and on the hearts and minds of some of my friends here as I've asked for prayers to be sent his way.

Also, if any of my family is reading this: E-mail me!!!! It's the most convenient way to stay in touch with me. I have to bring my laptop up to school in order to skype, and that's not always easy (especially in all this rain).

I did get some news today that I can't wait until it's time to share it! I know some people here read this, though, so I really shouldn't say for now, but it really makes me appreciate God's timing and grace.

Have a happy rest of the week and I'll get back to you guys soon!

No comments: