Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Carrying a Prayer

The winds are blowing, carrying a prayer,
Come land on me, fresh clean air.
The times, they are changing,
The river keeps on raging.
Flow river flow.
Blow wind blow.



I wrote this last month, and I couldn't right now tell you what was going on at that moment, other than I felt the ground shifting beneath my feet as the world turned. There was something different that day in everything around me. Perhaps it is the uncertainty of life that got me, or the recognition that things are always changing, or, really, my sudden acceptance and willingness to face the changes head on. 

The moment where you remember that change isn't a bad thing and that we never stop changing, so why fear it when it is more obvious? 

Flow river flow. 
Blow wind blow. 

Blow me where I should be, flow to a new destination, carve pathways where there were none, and soar through the trees. Do not be content and stagnant, rotting in stale air. Breathe the breath of nature on the breeze, and feel the life of water in the stream. Embrace the sound and life present in both of these things. 

We don't see the current wearing away at the rock; we don't watch the wind move in the clear sky. 

But we can see the path, and we can see the remnants. 

The river is not the same from one moment to the next, always rounding objects and obstructions, and the wind blows through through the sky and all we see is the remnants of its power. 


I can't stop thinking about these few lines as life continues to change. 

Praise for the fortune had, and the fortune yet to come. 
Mourn with those mourn, and relish the experience as the lessons learned. 
Laugh and share lessons learned.

Feel the water and jump into its power, surrendering to the flow. 
Leap from the top and fly on air. 

Carrying a prayer. 



No comments: