Tuesday, September 7, 2010

So far away...

That last entry seems so long ago, and such a distant memory. A lot has happened in that one month span, and I can't even begin to recount it for you. God teaches me a lot of things, and some days He has to yell at me to make me hear Him. This weekend He was screaming at me that I am loved. I still have no idea why this is such a hard lesson for me. But it is one that impacts huge areas of my life. This weekend He brought a group of people into my house to help me make a huge decision, and while the decision is still technically not made, I heard Him. I heard Him loud and clear.

One of the things I love about God is that we can repent. When we have made a mistake, sinned against our brothers and sisters, we can repent, and He loves us just the same. I've never been privy to a real-life version of this, but I have seen it now. I made my own mistake on Sunday that hurt someone I love, but also, because I hurt them, I hurt me. Taking the time to pray about the situation, and knowing I needed to apologize for my wrongs, and then DOING that was freeing for me. I am not anxious about those events, but am ready to try to move forward.

God is so good and loves us no matter what mistakes we make as long as we come back to Him. I am so glad His loving arms are there for me. To hold me when I'm falling, but even more so, to hold me when I'm climbing back up.

On to the next day...

No comments: